*Math: 2-Part Equations
Help Wanted Ad
Digital Picture PPT
Circumference(3b & 4)
1. Warm-up: View Animated Atlas Online Movie. One laptop/group of 2-3.
2. New Material: Label
3. SEA-Quest: Plot the 9 Major Stages of Expansion on the Excel Twister Grid http://oops.bizland.com/twister.xls Print Grid.
4. Application: Using Twister Mats, all students in the group replicate stages of expansion in order using hands, feet, head. Stopwatch for fastest time of kinesthetic recall.
5. Cloze: Discuss the qualities of settlers in each area of expansion. Student Survey
Variation: Jump/Tap to each area of expansion on the Twister mats using stop watch for timing. Gifted: Code areas of expansion by states.
Reteaching: http://www.animatedatlas.com/movie.html replay and Interactive Map.
Coach Bedwell's Class:
1. Warm-up: Whole Group view Quicktime movie at PlateTectonics Boot one laptop per group of 3.
2. Review or New Material: Plate tectonics cause earthquakes.
3. Application & SEA-Quest: Composition of a “Name-tectonic” in MS Word (consisting of the first letter in each of their first names) to demonstrate their growing knowledge.
4. Conclusion: Whole Group Cloze, Student Survey
Mr. Haskins' Chemistry Class:
You can predict how many bonds an element will have using Lewis Dot Symbols.
Visual Periodic Table of Elements
Use Draw/Paint Tools to Represent HONC-1234
Excel Template for Lewis Dot Structure Drawing
Lewis Dot Flowchart
The OOPS Science Page
Extension: Download periodic table to Excel from http://www.webelements.com/
Review: How to Read a Periodic Table
Student Evaluation of Lesson
Campbell's PreAP Class:
1. Warm-up: Whole Group Shakespeare Compliments.
Boot one laptop per group of 2-3.
2. SEA-Quest: Create webpage using Squidoo Editor,
3. Conclusion: Publish to Webpage, Add/Edit/Display.
4. Cloze: Whole Group, Student Survey
Extension: Shakespeare Insults,
Ms. Crittenden's Class:
1. Warm-up: Online flashcards, 1 laptop/group of 2.
2. Application: Geometry Workshop, Quia D&P and Geometry Squidoo. Online student evaluation of the websites visited.
3. SEA-Quest: Create Tesselation in Paint
4. Cloze: Student Lesson Survey
Ms. Campbell's English Class:
1. Warm-up: Rebus Puzzles. Boot one laptop/ 3 students
2. SEA-Quest: Access the Writing Prompts website. Student groups pick a number between 1-70 and key/dictate the prompt number, the beginning of the prompt and the extension of the prompt. Groups will write for 5 minutes then edit their copy and submit their copy.
3. SEA-Quest: After brainstorm list of different novel characters/jobs, students will choose 5 jobs and write at least 3 sentences in the voice of the characters they choose to finish the topic sentence, “It has been a long day.” Save sentences using Microsoft Reader option.
4. Cloze: Using the posted sentences from #2, whole group will identify grammar, sentence types, and parts of speech. Using sentences from #3, students will try and guess the written voice. Student Survey
Ms. Campbell's Junior English Class:
Etymology of Words
What Plagiarism Is and Is Not
4 Steps to Summarizing:
1. Delete unnecessary, redundant material
2. Highlight Key Words/Phrases /Dates/ Ideas/Names. etc...
3. Compose a word to replace a list of items, action sequences, dialogue
4. Write a new sentence to describe the text
Word Document for Highlighting Text
Plagiarism, It's Not Just the Kids! Online Broadcast
The OOPS English Fun Page
Extension: Write and Cite copy from at least 8 sources~click here for link
Student Evaluation of Lesson